Hi All - I arrived via the Shinkansen (bullet train) last night about 10:30 pm here (so about 20 hours since I left the house) and crashed hard.
Today we went on a trip to Matsushimu Bay for a trip then came back and had tea at the University.
Here is the view from my window in my hotel in Sendai this morning at sunrise. Sendai is not so crazy, it is about the same size as Edmonton.
There is snow on the ground here still.
Finally, we returned to Sendai and went to the University. They have a very nice museum there and see the fossil below, it is from the Burgess shales that highlight the Cambrian explosion 600 million years before - the really rare fossils. I have never actually seen one of these before so I have to come all the way to Japan to actually see this thing! Pro
No comments:
Post a Comment